This position will be responsible for maintaining Grid-Tied PV and Battery Backup systems. The Technician will provide support to the Operations and Maintenance team, communicate job status and ensure the completion and documentation of troubleshooting and maintenance activities. It is the responsibility of every technician on the Radiance Solar O&M team to create a safe work environment. The solar maintenance technician will support the construction team on a limited basis, and participate in job-related training.
• Travel to and from sites in the southeast united states
• Ensure tools and materials needed for each work order are available
• Complete and document maintenance activities
• Availability for on-site troubleshooting and repair, with optional afterhours or weekends
• Inverter, array, racking, and data system maintenance and troubleshooting
• Support construction commissioning activities
• Completion of checklists and documentation of work via spreadsheet, photography, and Work Order Management System
• Communication with customers and meeting with the Radiance Team
• Previous experience in PV installations, electrical, roof, general construction, and/or low voltage
• Understanding and experience working with AC and DC systems
• Experience troubleshooting and understanding electronic systems, building and home automation, SCADA, industrial networks, or data networks.
• Apprentice or Journeyman Electricians and electronic technicians highly encouraged to apply
• OSHA 10 Hour Course / First Aid strongly preferred
• Must be able to climb ladders and stairs, comfortably lift 40+ pounds, and must be able to work on your feet for extended periods of time
• Must have valid driver’s license and be able to pass a substance abuse screening