FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ATLANTA, May 29, 2019 — Radiance Solar, a leading provider of solar engineering, procurement and construction (EPC), announced today that Eric Payne has joined as Vice President of Operations, Mike Perkins has been promoted to Director of Business Development and Herschell Winters has been named Business Development Associate.
“These strong additions to our executive team position Radiance Solar for growth,” said Jamie Porges, Radiance Solar’s CEO. “This team will enable Radiance to seize opportunities in the expanding renewables market.”
Eric Payne, Vice President of Operations, will be responsible for the oversight of all solar projects.
- Payne brings more than 20 years’ experience in the EPC environment and has managed more than a gigawatt of installed solar.
- He was formerly VP Operations at Welty Energy & Infrastructure, and also previously with SunPower Corporation where he oversaw the construction of the largest solar initiative in the world, the 579 MWac Solar Star projects near Rosamond, CA.
- Prior to his work in solar, he managed transmission line and substation build-outs across four continents and 36 countries.
“Eric’s experience in building large-scale projects, and his demonstrated knowledge in both the business and technical aspects of managing solar installations, make him the perfect fit for Radiance as we build an infrastructure equipped to respond to the increased demand for commercial and utility solar, ” said Porges.
Mike Perkins, Director of Business Development, will be responsible for strategic development of new business opportunities and account management through final project delivery.
- Perkins has been with Radiance since 2014.
- He has been an instrumental member of the team responsible for Radiance Solar’s growth and reputation as one of the most respected EPCs in the nation.
“Mike Perkins has been a strong member of the Radiance team for several years and this promotion recognizes the key role he’ll play in the future of our business,” said Porges.
Also joining the sales team is Herschell Winters as Business Development Associate. Winters was previously with Dimension Renewable Energy where he implemented community solar programs across the US and worked with Southern Power Company where he worked on energy generation RFPs for solar, wind, natural gas, and storage.
About Radiance Solar
Based in Atlanta, Radiance Solar is a leading solar contractor, specializing in the design, installation and maintenance of solar energy systems. Radiance has constructed over 100 MW of solar power plants in the Southeast on over 350 sites and maintains over 70MW, including some of Georgia’s largest solar facilities. Their mission is to bring low-cost, reliable solar energy within reach of every electricity user through a relentless commitment to innovative design, aggressive procurement and efficient construction techniques. Radiance is ranked #13 of the top 25 of the best commercial solar contractors in the country according to GC magazine. www.radiancesolar.com